Through out most of my life, people would view me as the happy go lucky girl. Looking back through time, I can see all the reasons why. In my earlier years I would be hyperactive, lighthearted and full of spirit. I would even do the most silliest things to have everyone laugh and smile. If I saw anyone feeling down, I would find a way to turn their frown upside down. People wouldn’t have the slightest idea I was behind it all. I never cared about being in the spotlight or getting the glory for doing a good deed. I always believed in spreading love and kindness because it’s what the world needs.
If those people could see me now, they wouldn’t recognize me anymore. Not that they knew me back then, but it all comes back to me in the end. I almost lost myself to the outside noise of the world. I’ve become silent, spiritless, and weary. I even started wearing clothes that are not me. I nearly lost the magic in seeing the good in everything. Fortunately after receiving a message from above and discovering words by Kent Keith, I finally remembered who I am and who I am meant to be. It’s time to recharge this broken down soul.
I want to follow in the footsteps of the Lord, our God.
Words by Kent Keith
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness makes you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.